The amazing and awesome sights under the water seem never to fail to appeal to adventurers. For a safe and perfect dive, you must consider a full dace snorkel mask. For now, a 180-degree viewing area is no longer a profligate hope. Instead, it’s a common standard. A lot of divers opt to an excellent sealing and fantastic fit. An ideal snorkel can fit any face regardless of shape and size. The style of the buckle system helps a lot in fitting the head shape better.
What Is Exactly A Full Face Snorkel Mask?
As the name suggests, this snorkeling equipment covers the whole face from chin to forehead. This type of mask has two separate parts inside. The top portion is used for viewing, while the lower part is for breathing. It has a skirt made of silicone which runs around the corner of the face, making a tight seal. A properly made full face snorkel mash has almost no fogging, and there is no mouthpiece as well. This appears shorter than a conventional snorkel.
How to Pick the Right Full Face Snorkel Mask
Conventional snorkel mask is exceptional in which the snorkel and the face mask is likely to be separate. It means that the snorkel mask will usually protect the eyes and nose from water in the making of a tight seal around the edges of the mask. The mouthpiece will fit in the mouth, upon that you have to utilize your teeth to fasten on it.
If you are in the market for a full face snorkel mask, you have to consider these following:
- Snorkeling Depth – It’s vital to keep in mind that a full face snorkel mask is not designed for use in a deep diving exercise. A usual mask must not be utilized by divers who plan to dive over 15 feet. The design or style means that you can’t reach your nose and equalize the pressure which will be in the ears.
- Easy Breathing – Not like the conventional diving masks which come as two pieces, a full face snorkel mask comes as a single unit. Provided the fact that the snorkel mask will cover up your full-force, it becomes simpler to breathe with your nose and mouth. To improve breathing, the full face snorkel mask will usually have a dual airflow style, and each has a separate breathing chamber.
- Dry Top Style – A full face snorkel mask comes with a special valve which makes it not possible for water to seep through the mask and the tube. Thus, this makes it likely for a diver to start breathing right away once he or she gets back to the surface. The valve is designed to work normally, given that the snorkel mask stays in a vertical position.
- GoPro Compatible – There are full face snorkel masks available which are integrated with removable GoPro, while other also comes with permanent mount match with GoPro. On the other hand, still, it’s likely to utilize the mask with a GoPro, given that you get to utilize it with clip mount well match with GoPro.
- Sizes – Full face snorkel masks are conventionally made to be leak proof. But, this is just possible if the diver has a perfect size. What is more, you should take time to make sure you have adjusted the straps properly so they can be held in place firmly.
Top 5 Best Full Face Snorkeling Mask
Here is the review of the top best full face snorkeling masks available at this point:
This is one of the best full face snorkeling masks that comes with anti-fogging technology which allows the diver to breathe with nose and mouth without affecting the vision. The dry top snorkel located at the top of the mark avoids water from coming in the mask, once you’re hit by a wave. Silicon made skirt create an at ease seal around the face.
The HEAD Vu Dry Full Face Snorkeling Mask lessen jaw fatigue. It also comes with a shatterproof polycarbonate style and gives a crystal clear view, not like any other full face masks available out there.
In spite of the many perks, this full face mask is expensive; however, it will last for many years of using as it made of high-quality material.
- Breathe naturally through your nose and mouth while your face is in the water
- Mask covers your entire face to keep it dry
- Mask will not fog thanks to breathing circulation within full face mask
- Available in two sizes
This is considered one of the full face snorkel masks which the lower resistance breathing. It provided crystal clear vision and integrated with a dry top snorkel that has a valve to avoid the water from seeping through the mask if fully submerged. There is also a snorkel tube located at the pinnacle of the full face mask.
- It comes with fog-free style
- Provides 180 degrees filed of unhindered vision
- It comes with hypoallergenic strap and skirt
- Integrated with shatterproof polycarbonate style
- Easy Breathing - Best in class breathability comes from the Smart Snorkelâ€s unique dual chamber system that separates inhaled fresh air from exhaled CO2, ensuring that you donâ€t rebreathe your own exhaled CO2, and are only breathing the fresh air around you
- 180Â° Panoramic Visibility â€" The Smart Snorkel Full Face Snorkel Mask allows 180 degree panoramic visibility and the unique fog-free design allowing you to see and breathe underwater as you do on land
- Dry-top - 100% Submersible dry-top keeps the water out of the snorkel tube above and below the surface
- Silicone Skirt and Straps â€" Hypoallergenic silicone straps and skirt for ultimate comfort and durability
This full face snorkel mask allows a diver to explore the underwater scene, breathing naturally through mouth and nose. Exhaled air is vented in an exclusive patented technology located at the front of the full face mask to make breathing effortless and get rid of noise which purge valves make. It comes with separated challenging systems for exhaled and inhaled air to avoid the lens from fogging. Mask has a dry top in order to prevent water from seeping through the tube. Also, it features a comprehensive spectrum view with a 180-degree field of vision, a flexible and comfortable retains latch holds the mask to the head.
- Fog-free design
- Spectrum view with a 180-degree field of vision
SEAC Unica Full Face Snorkeling Mask 180° Snorkel Mask Panoramic Full Face with anti-fog anti-leak snorkeling Design
- Effortless breathing
- Channelling system prevents fogging
- Dry top snorkel
- 180 degree field of vision
- Comfortable and flexible retaining strap
This kind of full face snorkeling mask is available in two types of sizes that suit men and women as well as kids that have long faces. This features a 180-degree field of vision; this mask is armed with a shatterproof polycarbonate window for additional security. This supports natural breathing through your mouth or nose. It is fog-free, and it is snorkel top is seen from four-time further away compared to the conventional type of snorkel.
- Two kinds of sizes are available
- Armed with shatterproof polycarbonate design or window
- It supports breathing through your mouth or nose
- Potential seep out from your forehead
- The wrong size might cause water to seep through
- DRY FREAK spare ring included. This Updated 2018 Version has a Secure Lock Snorkel to prevent the snorkel head from detaching unexpectedly.
- 2 Year Tribord Warranty. Hypoallergenic Silcone Facial Lining. GroPro Option
- Exclusive Anti-Fogging Patented Design. Continuous Fresh Air Flow with a double chamber air vent valve
- 180° Panoramic Field of Vision. Shatterproof window for added safety.
- Anatomic Design. 4 different SIZES: XS is perfect for kids up to the age of 10. S/M generally for Kids 11yr+, Tweens & Most Women. M/L for older Teen Boys & Average Men & some Women. L/XL for larger face Men & some Women.
This is an original full face mask that combines exceptional features with a remarkable design for a fantastic snorkeling experience. With this mask, see more, keep out longer as well as enjoy sea creatures further. Due to its state of the art style, there is no need for dealing with tube snorkel. The breathing chambers and state of the art dry snorkel features allows the user to breathe calmly and naturally in either nose or mouth.
By breathing gradually through the nose helps a lot in reducing the possibility of fogging. It comes with a dry snorkel that prevents water from seeping through the mask in the snorkel tube. When water does leak in the seal around your face, all you need to do is to lift your head out of the surface, and it will drain in a one-way chin valve. It has the most massive viewing window on the market.
Surface snorkeling, and not free diving, is WildHorn Outfitters Seaview 180 optimal use because of the big surface area this mask covers. If you want to experience a remarkable snorkeling activity, you need to try this product.
- This full face mask is ideal for adults who casually snorkel and kids which are only starting in this activity.
- Packed with essential features
- One of the most expensive snorkeling masks available, but you are assured that it will last for many years of using.
- 180° FULL FACE DESIGN- Our snorkel mask makes it easier than ever to breathe comfortably through your mouth or nose while you are snorkeling. Our mask and snorkel provide a 180° viewing area- the biggest of any snorkel mask on the market today guaranteeing that you will see more fish and sea creatures than ever before. With our integrated GoPro Mount you can easily attach your GoPro camera to capture and share your adventure with friends and family.
- DRY SNORKEL TECHNOLOGY stops salt water from getting into your mouth and prevents gagging. Spend less time worrying about water in your mask and more time snorkeling!
- FOG RESISTANT DESIGN- There is nothing worse than dealing with a mask that is constantly fogging up. Our innovative design features a separate breathing chamber that creates an airflow away from your main viewing visor that helps eliminates fogging and will keep you snorkeling longer.
- EASY TO USE- So you spend less time fussing with equipment and more time enjoying your snorkeling experience.
- PROPER USE- Full face snorkel masks are designed for leisure surface snorkeling. Serious freediving is not recommended. Strenuous swimming while wearing any type of snorkel, including full face designs, is not recommended. Be sure to take regular breaks while snorkeling. Also follow the buddy rule: never snorkel alone.
Should You Purchase One
If you enjoy snorkeling, then you need to consider buying a full face snorkeling mask. Recent development in the snorkeling mask is a significant innovation over traditional models. The latest styles make diving and snorkeling an unforgettable and astonishing experience. A full face mask is user-friendly and very comfortable as well.
After the first adjustment of elastic straps, you will quickly know how much amusing these are. There’s no need for you to stop to empty water or defog and readjust the latch. There’s no jaw stress as well, no gagging on the mouthpiece and no sore teeth. These are some excellent reasons why you need to switch to a full face snorkel mask.
Moustache is just fine with this kind of snorkel that is the full opposite of usual masks. A conventional mask will seep out once you have a mustache.
Full face snorkeling masks are intended to give you with a superb field of view and unusual perspective from the surface. Make sure to utilize the tips mentioned above when you are buying for a full face snorkeling mask to make sure that you’ll get the most excellent one for you and your kids.
Read more: List of the Best Snorkel Fins of 2019
Last update on 2019-02-12 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API